Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Easton Evaluation: The Limited

Aim small. Miss small. In other words, don’t sprint toward the running back, lining up the home run hit, only to draw nothing but air as he runs past you into the end zone… Stick to the fundamentals… Line him up, tuck your head and shoulder and drive through the man… This football analogy is also useful for designers… Don’t stick a collar or sequins or a belt on a dress to try to make it stand out… Construct a gorgeous dress and it will stand out…

The Limited, when they sit down to design their next collection, should take the above paragraph, frame it, and mount it on their wall… After twenty minutes in their store, I was left with one impression… Their designs were gorgeous or giant mistakes… No in between is present… Often, it looked as though the designer was trying to hard… As if he tacked on one more piece in the vain hope that piece alone would sell the outfit…

A perfect example of their perfect or putrid contrast were these two dresses I have linked… I recommend the ruffle tube ($98.00)… It is classic and elegant… I don’t recommend this second dress… The top and waist were fine, but seriously, a Christmas tree skirt hemline… Was the designer drunk?

I must say a quick word about the sales associate I encountered who was very helpful… He answered any of my questions concerning what I could pair and not pair with what… Although, most of what I saw, I wouldn’t want to pair with my closet…

No comments: