Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Easton Evaluation: Express

There is a fine line between selling and overselling. I know throughout this series (which is rapidly concluding), I have evaluated salespeople, praising the ones that were attentive and scorching the one’s the embarrassed their employer. I believe that salespeople should be there to help. They should answer your questions. They should offer suggestions. They shouldn’t be life like manikins. With all of that said, I don’t want a sales associate attached to my hip. I don’t want someone who oversells the product. Nothing from an associate is unacceptable. Too much of an associate is nauseating.

During my thirty minutes inside Express, the fine line was nearly crossed. The sales associate, an adorable (and when I say adorable, she is the text book definition) twenty-one year old Ohio State student took upon herself to walk me through every section and discuss a barrage of combinations and specifics… What would go with what, what she thought was amazing, what I thought was amazing… The shopping experience turned guided tour nearly veered into the realm of wanting of overselling… However, at every opportunity to step back and let her point sink in rather than be pounded in, the sales associate relented. At the conclusion of our time together, I felt as though I had been through an enjoyable conversation… and I was more than impressed with the collection I had just viewed.

For men, I recommend the graphic velvet jacket ($178), lance field stripe with graphic ($54.50), and the pique polo ($44.50). The jacket is the perfect statement piece for that night out at the club. The lancefield stripe and polo are perfect compliments for that casual evening with friends or that early in the relationship crucial date.

For women, I recommend the hounds tooth cropped jacket ($84.00), the ruched fitted dress ($68.60), and the shimmer stripe scoop neck top ($29.50). The jacket is the perfect eye catcher for when you enter the party. The dress will flatter any form and turn any head. The scoop neck top is that simple staple that any girl can dress up or down depending on their mood.

The only complaint I have with either collection is the horrid sweaters. Multiple droopy pockets, saggy form, hideous colors… All they are missing is the large letter and Richie Cunningham could wear one on Happy Days. Despite my objection to the sweaters, Express’ collection is among this holiday season’s very best. Not only can one find that perfect gift, they can find their significant other a whole new wardrobe…

No comments: