Saturday, April 4, 2009

Thoughts You Want & Wish You Never Had

New Kids on the Block are a relic. This is not an insult. This is not a slight. This is simply reality… New Kids on the Block released their debut album in 1986… Since then, fourteen professional sports franchises have relocated…

From what sources told me, Frog Bear and Wild Boar’s pre-concert party was impressive… When I arrived for the post-concert party, the venue was vacant… There were scattered pockets, three groups at different tables and two women sitting alone, who had apparently been expelled from the concert (seriously, how does one get tossed from a New Kids on the Block concert?)… However, Frog Bear and Wild Boar’s was without energy… I assumed the energy would return when the concert concluded… I had no clue how correct and regretful I would be…

Approximately 10:30 (and if you were following our twitter, you know this), the concert concluded and a crush ensued… A line stretched from the security table, through the twin glass doors, and around the venue… This is the good news… The bad news? It was night of the living heifers… They arrived with their horrific hair and their bargain basement wardrobe… And their blubber (yes, I said that)… If the average size woman in this nation is a fourteen, there were a lot of average people who attended the concert…

Within twenty minutes after, Frog Bear and Wild Boar was full of more buns than a day old bakery… And they insisted on dancing… They puckered their lips, they grinded on each other, and they shook their ass as if they were prom queen material… Did no one remind them they had eaten them prom queen? I know how that sounds (actually, maybe I don’t, I’m laughing)… but honestly… Did they have to dance?

And while we are on the subject, did Shucking Bubba Deluxe have to perform? I know I’ve said this before, but random is intriguing. Ridiculous is simply stupid. Shucking Bubba Deluxe was obnoxious… Their set list, which commenced with “Somebody Told Me” and slipped into “This Is How We Do It” and “I Like the Way You Move” was not diverse, it was disgraceful… After five songs, I stopped listening… Something I had not yet done to a band in this city…

Something I had not done in three weeks was talk with or write about Duchess Abbi… Amidst a conversation with someone (whom I don’t remember), I spotted the Duchess and immediately I abandon my conversation for a conversation with her… We talked spring break and the website and her personality captivates one more with every word she says… I know I said this before in another context, but in Abbi’s case it’s absolutely correct… Beauty is an indication of personality…

Speaking of personality… Athena and Stephanie once again showcased theirs on this evening… As you watch them serve and strut, you cant avoid smiling… You cant avoid asking yourself why this is not the venue you and your friends choose every single evening… Other venues may have celebrities… They may have better bands (on this night, that was certainly true)… But, they don’t have the one factor, which Frog Bear has, which should always, always motivate males…

Girls… I know I speak for everyone… Girls… You need them all the time… Girls… I don’t your situation… Girls… But, I know they’re on your mind… (I love paraphrasing Britney Spears’ lyrics)…

1 comment:

Pamela Parrish said...

BITCH... You are the one that is a relic.. You can't stand that New Kids on the Block is BACK and selling out venues everywhere.. NKOTB and even Barry Manilow are a lot better then most of the shit that is on radio today...

Go slip back in your hole you HEFFER.. Slut is a much better word too.. now go listen to Joanas Brothers or that Spears chick... I hope someone fucks you up!