Monday, December 8, 2008

Easton Evaluation: Henri Bendel

It’s easy to get lost this time of year… You have a hundred places to be, a million obligations to keep… Shopping, Family, Food, Preparations… Every moment can blur into each other… But, there are moments when you have to pause, when you have to take that moment to realize that what is happening before your eyes is amazing… It could be a stranger helping someone… It could be someone opening the gift you bought them… Whatever the moment, you appreciate it, because it’s a truly unique collection of seconds…

I had such an experience at Henri Bendel… Zoe, my salesperson, was without question the most knowledgeable of any I dealt with last week… You expect managers to answer your questions with a minimum appreciation for what they are showing you, but she was extraordinary… As she recommended items and showed me items I requested, I got the sense that not only was I dealing with a very proficient employee, I was with someone who truly enjoys their job and enjoys the product (she mentioned having purchased something as a, and I love this, “Christmas present for herself.”)

Even if your girlfriend, wife, or mother already owns Chanel, Coach, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton, I would recommend a purchase from Henri Bendel. You will not truly have an appreciation for their product, which incidentally is exquisite, until Zoe explains, in outstanding detail; it’s beauty and utility. I know your thinking; the manager was amazing, talk about the product…

I could gush about the product just as much… while their collection of accessories and jewelry is exceptional, the purses are the superstars… As attractive as anything Coach would sell, their practically is without question superior. Triple the pockets of any Coach, you may find separate compartments for everything your own… Several of the purses also have detachable components, so you can style up or down depending upon your ensemble…

Also unlike Coach, I have not run across anything, either in the store or subsequently online, that I can scorch as I did Coach’s Leah atrocity… Each Henri Bendel has style and swagger and with their simple, yet strong color assortment, there is a selection of bags that any girl would be proud to carry… My recommendations? I’m delighted you ask… The Number Seven shoulder bag ($395) is gorgeous; particularly I love the strap, whose length can be converted into a shoulder or smaller bag… I will also mention the Lady with Dog Clutch ($275), which despite its small size contains ample story space, including another pocket within a pocket…

As a final compliment, I will say this… Appreciating Henri Bendel is like appreciating your first glass of wine… You can’t just swallow it… You have to sip it, savor it, listen to the salespeople tell you why you need this purse… In a phrase, simply appreciate the unique collection of seconds… And then, if you’re really feeling adventurous, ask to see the limited (and why I say limited I mean one per store), alligator skin pink handbag ($8,000). (Sorry, no picture, you will have to see it for yourself)…

1 comment:

Rajesh Poudel said...

it's nice blog
Me Rajesh
From Nepal
visit my blog
www.rajesh420.blogspot.com