Thursday, December 11, 2008

Easton Evaluation: Gap

Walk into any dorm room closet in this country and there is a good chance something from the Gap will either be hanging or thrown into a pile. Since the mid-nineties, the clothing store has been a staple, excelling at one moment or another, in every genre from jeans to sweaters. Imagine my surprise then when browsing this year’s collection… I encountered a nondescript effort that required excruciating patience to view… Patience because after five minutes, it was clear that I wouldn’t be purchasing anything this season…

There apathetic sales staff compliments their clothes… Thirty minutes in the store, seeking something in either the men’s or women’s collection that would catch my eyes, and nothing from an associate… Not a hello, not a can I help you… Nothing… When a collection needs selling, as the Gap’s clearly does this season, the associates need to be superstars… Easton’s were more like well placed rocks…

As with previous seasons, their sweaters ($39.99-$89.99) are satisfactory… However, they are nothing I cant find either somewhere else or for less money… If I were you, working the clothing section of my holiday gift list, I would definitely go somewhere else, as the Gap’s collection certainly isn’t worth paying for…

No comments: