Thursday, December 11, 2008

Easton Evaluation: Cache

In the internet age, anyone can start a rumor. They don’t have to have information or verification or facts of any kind… They can simply sit down with their phone or their laptop and through twitter or myspace or e-mail or text message, send a few words into their universe and create a stir based upon nothing… Such is the recent problem Cache has faced… An anonymous e-mail flooded into millions of inboxes across the nation claiming Cache would be shuttering hundreds of stores… None of it was true… But that still doesn’t stop customers from shopping elsewhere…

While I had planned to review Cache, their unique style always making them one of my favorite lines, the rampant speculation via e-mail and cable news heightened my interest. When I entered their store, I found their staff surprisingly eager to answer any questions I had about this completely bogus speculation… If I were an employee, I could imagine getting upset over the constant drone of false information (my sales associate says that at minimum five people a day ask her)… However, she answered every question I had with a smile… Along the way pointing out that Cache is a publicly traded company, so anyone can see that they are in no danger of a mass layoff.

The sales associate was equally helpful when the discussion was actually browsing clothes… She wasn’t aggressive, she didn’t oversell… She managed to compliment the collection’s style and quality within the course of a normal conversation… It was as if I were shopping with a friend, rather than someone tasked with purpose of absolutely having to sell me something, like their head was on a chopping block… Easily, it was one of the entire evaluation’s most enjoyable experiences.

Their product also lived up to expectations… Elegant cocktail dresses, which one could wear on a red carpet, as well as charming black dresses, which one could wear to their office Christmas party… With immaculate design and reasonable pricing, there was a dress that would flatter any body and fall into every price range…

While the event naturally dictates dress shopping, I would recommend four specifically… The strapless taffeta dress with the ruffle hem ($208), the tiered taffeta halter ($188), the double strap stretch satin halter ($178), and the strapless bubble dress with ribbon belt ($188). Each are sophisticated enough to rock as evening wear, while maintaining enough practicality to double for afternoon events…

Overall, Cache’s collection is stunning and their service is stellar… While I have no doubt that Cache’s products and services were like this pre-email, I can only wonder, if some not so great companies had an e-mail circulated about them… Maybe then, they would produce collections with the beauty, class, and grace of Cache.

No comments: