Saturday, April 18, 2009

Bunnies, Charms, and Heifers Inspire Thoughts

The internal conversations of this city must be fascinating. The confidence and confusion, the persuasion and opposition, the ignorance and veracity… If only one could somehow monitor this confidential and constant inner-twitter.

Upon my arrival for the Little Black Dress Party, McFadden’s was crushed. The first floor had a minimal walkway (which is unusual)… The second floor was equally impassible… And both patios were swarmed, as the boys and bunnies (and believe me, there were bunnies, with and without black dresses) conversed and danced in the delicious mid-April air…

These evenings, without hesitation, are my favorite in this city… The cold and gray of winter is vanished, but it is not yet summer, so every random is not crammed into a ten block radius… These are the select evenings, when one can venture into the city, savor the sixty and seventy-plus weather, and enjoy the pre-summer hangover and hookup opportunities…

As I walked from the second floor onto the first and into a conversation with McFadden’s Promotions Superstar Amy, I can’t imagine her thoughts as she greeted the happy hour patrons and observed the throng which they immersed into… McFadden’s is a college venue and college students crave alcohol, circumstances and theme be damned… Amy could simply conceptualize cheap drink specials and call it a job… But, she doesn’t… Every week, she conceptualizes and executes some of the most impressive and intriguing events I attend or am invited to… (and she’s a bunny also)…

As always, a collection of non-bunnies were visible among the sexy and scrumptious which populated McFadden’s pair of floors… Actually, I’m stunned their was room for anyone sexy or scrumptious, given the sheer mass of some of these refrigerator shaped heifers… (Save your comments and e-mails)… I can’t imagine their rationalization, as they stand in their closets or sit in front of their mirrors and dress themselves in clothes they know they can’t wear, which they know will repulse people (and when I say people, I don’t just mean myself)…

The amount of skin they flash, from their pants cut just low enough to make one gag to their heifer cleavage, must cross their mind as unacceptable… They must say to themselves, the people who sell them the clothes must say to them, heifer, black dresses just aren’t meant for some… Still, they cover their refrigerator shaped bodies in throw rug clothing and steal attention from the bunnies…

Thankfully, there remain some bunnies who the heifers can’t overshadow… On this night (as on most nights), the brightest bunnies, the bunnies who could not be eclipsed, were the Lucky Charms… Sytease’s mind must be incredible… She’s the charm’s leader… Every evening, she has dozens of details to organize… Yet, she is the most adorable and approachable person you would ever wish to meet (and as I said on twitter, no bunny over 5’5 can rock a black dress like she can)…

Speaking of bunnies who can rock a black dress and minds which must be incredible… Brooke’s energy, personality, and splendor continue to captivate… What I said about her off the rack quality would be sufficient… But, as I watched her sell jello shots and dance and lip sync, she is simply implausible… She is gorgeous, I assume she knows as much and she must know that every male eye is on her when she enters a room… Yet, she proves herself worth the attention…

Also worth attention is the exquisite Emily Rose… I hadn’t seen her since St. Patrick’s Day and obviously I had written a volume about other charms since… But, within thirty seconds of seeing her smile, seeing her spectacular hair style, and hearing that enchanting rasp in her voice, I was reminded why no charm compares with her… There are bunnies in this city… There are platinum bunnies in this city… But, the phrase OUS, was minted for Emily Rose…

In a nutshell, seeing Emily, seeing Brooke, Sytease, Amy or any of the other two dozen bunnies in black dresses are why I, as I exited the venue, thanked myself for another late evening… You can’t imagine how many nights I think about staying home… But, then I come to my senses and give myself a good kick in the ass… And I never regret not staying home…

No comments: