Sunday, January 11, 2009

You Have Questions... I Have Answers

Since Gossip Cbus began, I’ve been swamped with e-mail (thanks for the love)… While I’ve tried to give individual responses to several, I also know that some of the questions are questions others may have and thus, answering them publicly would be better… Therefore, from time to time, I will answer questions where everyone can see them…

Q: You cover a lot of nightlife. How do you address concerns that you are only a nightlife site?
A: during our first month, Gossip Cbus covered everything from Chris Wells to Skye Bar to Christmas shopping. We also wrote reviews about Next Gen Dublin and Columbus Young Professionals and we are scheduled to attend several diverse events within the next month. I understand our volume of nightlife coverage could pigeonhole us another twenty-something internet fad, but that is not my intention. Gossip Cbus, despite our name (which some have used to pigeonhole us), is committed to covering the full spectrum of this city.

Q: How can you partner with a bar for an event and still provide objective coverage?
A: This is something that I think about, but not something I lose sleep over. While it is important to maintain good working relationships with everyone we cover, Gossip Cbus has never and will never accept direction on who or what to cover. Certainly, we are friendly with a lot of different entities. However, we respect them as professionals, as we seek to maintain our professionalism.

Q: Would Gossip Cbus ever accept or sell paid advertising?
A: This is still in the concept stages… Thus, the best answer I can give is maybe. We know economic times are tough for everyone. We are committed to doing as much free publicity as possible. However, we would never turn away paid advertising if offered and this is an area we are still clarifying.

Q: Do you consider other Columbus publications or websites your competitors?
A: Let me be very clear about this… No I do not. Between Alive, the Dispatch, Underground… we all do something different… Even down to campus papers such as the U Weekly… There is enough news in this city for everyone and I feel that each of our publications, Gossip Cbus included, can make a contribution.

No comments: