Monday, January 12, 2009

Quick Read

Before I smack them around (because they deserve it), I must applaud the Dispatch’s excellent front-page feature on workplace wellness programs… The piece was informative and shed insight on a seemingly overdone topic… And while I typically blitz past the Life and Arts section, their Golden Globes pictorial was magnificent and the back page “Flip Side” feature about the career challenged losers who finished second American Idol brought back grand memories of gruesome losers…

I will now stop applauding… The John Kasich story featured solid reporting… But, seriously, a lead quote from a Democratic operative and a comeback from Jon Husted? The Dispatch could at least try to find two more moderate voices… Also, their George Voinovich coverage was tired… You expect newspapers to be behind the curve in this age… You don’t expect them to simply rip and reprint our material (yeah I said it)…

The entire Metro section made me want to scream what’s your point? From their feature on a 71-year-old firefighter that read as if it belonged in a high school newspaper to Sherri Williams ode to families voluntarily separated by immigration to Martin Rozenman’s roll call of parking garages… The entire section was a pathetic excuse to kill trees…

I saved the most irritating for last… Bob Hunter’s, non statistic supported rant about Steve Mason’s snub from the NHL All-Star game…Hunter and I agree, Mason should have received an invite… However, Hunter’s pathetic whining makes me glad Mason wont be there…

No comments: