Wednesday, January 14, 2009

BREAKING: Hartline Ignore Family, Seeks Fortune

Despite family opposition, Ohio State’s Brian Hartline will skip his senior season and enter the NFL Draft. Hartline formally announced his decision this afternoon. “I am thrilled to declare my eligibility for the National Football League draft,” he said in a statement. “I have had an outstanding experience at OSU and am thankful for the support I continue to receive. I now look forward to testing myself against the top competitors in the National Football League.”

While Hartline had been expected to return, a recent incident may have influenced his decision. According to witnesses, Hartline missed New Year’s curfew. He then engaged in a verbal altercation with an assistant. This episode and it’s subsequent punishment strained relations between Coach Jim Tressel and Hartline, sources familiar with the situation said.

In his three seasons, Hartline had 90 catches, 1,449 yards, and 12 touchdowns. This season, he only grabbed 21 catches for 479 yards. Prior to the Fiesta Bowl, Hartline had managed at least one reception in thirty consecutive games.

No comments: