Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Easton Evaluation: Coach

I have to admit my complete bias. If I weren’t scanning stores in search of the greatest scores and salespeople, I would still walk into Coach. Amazing accessories and purses, always something for any season, elegant salespeople… This stores has always been and will forever remain one of my shopping favorites… With that out of the way…

My salesperson was excellent. Coach employees are always very knowledgeable about their products, thus, separating the people savvy from the simply product savvy is a bit tougher. The person I dealt with was definitely both. She was fluent in their product and also engaging, at one point, trying on a necklace to show the length was what I was looking for.

While I have admitted my fondness for their product, I must saddle their winter line with a mixed review. Their jewelry… rings, bangles, and necklaces remain first class. However, they have made some tactical decisions with purses that I must question. Notably, the Leah ($398), a signature embossed, pink plastic mess that appears as though one could purchase it at a thrift store. Whatever the designer drank during the creation, I’d love a double…

I know I know, it sounds like I’m going south on their product after my glowing beginning… I am not. True to form, amidst the above mentioned disaster and several stellar entrants, there was a marquee diamond. The signature stripe studded top handle pouch ($148). It is Charming in its smaller size with just enough of a summer complex that it can be carried anytime and just enough of a winter complex to make you stand out at your holiday party. It’s perfect.

Again, I would have walked into Coach regardless of this assignment, but as always, I found another gem. For those males looking for a perfect stocking stuffer or those females looking to augment an outfit, the signature stripe studded is a must have.

No comments: