Saturday, May 16, 2009

Failure is Fleeting, Recovery is Remembered

One question I am frequently asked concerns personal relationships. Do they prevent criticism? My answer is simple and qualified. No they do not prevent criticism… However, I acquire no pleasure from scorching a venue.

If anyone was wondering why twitter live never commenced, my phone was uncooperative. If twitter live would have commenced, the tweets would have been few and unfavorable. McFadden’s Rock on the Range pre-party was vacant. I don’t mean the majority of the tables were unoccupied. I mean one could have sat down at any table, taken a nap, and no noise would have awoken you.

Thankfully, McFadden’s Promotions Superstar Amy Shimmer rescued the afternoon. I know I’ve discussed Amy’s individual genius, but her fashion is more impressive. Whether it’s New Year’s barely there blue dress or anyone of a half-dozen little black dresses she has rocked, Shimmer never concedes style… Couture is her comfortable.

Dressed today in sun drop yellow, she is once again scrumptious. Our conversation covers Pete Wentz, Kenny Chesney weekend, and the previously mentioned debacle… Amy is obviously unhappy with this afternoon… However, she comprehends what every superstar comprehends… Your next performance negates any performance…

When twitter originated, I didn’t understand it’s value… I can’t say good morning in one hundred and forty characters… I also rarely type a non double-digit paragraph column… As I walked toward the South Campus garage, I comprehended what every columnist comprehends… When nothing occurs, a lot can’t be said…

No comments: