Friday, May 1, 2009

Enjoining the Revolution

When Gossip CBUS originated, I made one rule for myself… Don’t join the party… You know what they say about rules… (I already hear your thoughts… This column is about me… Well… yeah, it’s mostly about me…)

Upon my arrival at Sugar Bar, the venue was vacant… The street was crushed… Stretching from Sugar Bar to Park Street Patio and wrapped around both edges of the retaining fence was a three-stack line of bunny chasers and bunnies… Why they weren’t already in the venue, I had no clue… However, I knew once they were inside, they would intoxicate the evening…

Since I mentioned bunnies… They were omnipresent this evening… It didn’t matter if you were standing in the entrance way or the upper mezzanine, the bar area or the dance floor, you couldn’t not eye a minimum of five… The score bunnies were flirting, grinding, and exuding lust… The panorama of exquisite fashion and features rivaled any since I started this website…

Approximately, one hour after my entrance, I commenced a conversation with Onyx Promotions Superstar and Nightlife Notable Randee… And therein my rule was obliterated… Now, Randee and I had spoken previously and she is not reserved… If asked, she will tell you that she craves the camera and that she makes the cameras crave her… I must say that I have a new appreciation for her philosophy…

I’m trying to capture the evening’s essence in one hundred and forty characters and Randee is cuddling, dancing, flirting, grinding… She is not only capturing my attention, she is hoarding it all for herself… It takes ten minutes of dancing with her and attempting to twitter and I realize… I can’t do them simultaneously… I close my phone and she owns my complete attention, along with anything else she wants…

I know, I haven’t mentioned her appearance… I could spend two thousand characters on that… Her eyes and face are alluring… Her platinum blonde hair is enticing… Her perfectly chosen ensemble, a black top and white pants, are sufficient to own every male’s thoughts for a two months… Add her enthralling personality and you understand why this why I couldn’t concentrate on anything but her… Randee is electric velvet… She is premium tequila, igniting your tongue and spreading her wings inside your throat…

While I could continue on the current topic, I must mention the attraction of the evening, Frankie Delgado… When Brody Jenner appeared, security encircled him and he was essentially a photographic prop… Delgado was inside the cage within twenty minutes of his arrival, encircled by half dozen bunnies and two friends… Clearly, he is less well known than his Hills counterpart and that anonymity has advantages… His smile, as he observed the bunnies, could have electrified Park Street…

As those bunnies danced to a barrage of Britney Spears music (I don’t know where the DJ came across the idea to play so much of her music), rumors spread that the pop tart herself was in the venue post-concert… I knew these rumors were likely hype and I don’t know why Sugar Bar marred their exquisite evening with hyperbole… Spears, and the mind of the person who started the rumor, were nowhere to be found…

I know I will receive questions as to why I included that last paragraph, just as I recently received a critique about this site as a running nightlife play-by-play and the fact that no one needs or wants a running nightlife play-by-play… The truth is, this website is not about criticism or publicizing… It’s not about revealing secrets or stroking egos… This site is a commentary on a city, which is geographically larger than Las Vegas, yet thinks of itself like Reno… New York and Los Angeles capture their excessive moments… It’s about time Columbus captures theirs…

No comments: