Sunday, April 26, 2009

You Have Questions... I Have Answers

Since Gossip Cbus began, I’ve been swamped with e-mail (thanks for the love)… While I’ve tried to give individual responses to several, I also know that some of the questions are questions others may have and thus, answering them publicly would be better… Therefore, from time to time, I will answer questions where everyone can see them…

Q: You seem to mention certain people frequently. Do personal relationships play any role in your coverage?
A: Personal relationships play a role in every situation in everyone’s lives. However, my personal relationships play a very minimal role in what is written on this website. The frequency of certain people’s mentions comes from the coverage schedule, not my personal bias. When you cover the same venues or same section of town, you are likely to encounter the same people.

Q: I was at WNCI’s event on Friday… Why weren’t you?
A: I am a huge fan of WNCI. I know several of their people. I listen to their station. And they stage outstanding events… With that said, they have their schedule and we have ours. I am certain there will be occasions that our schedules intersect, Red White and Boom for example… However, if every outlet in the city showed up at th same events, think of how limited the coverage would be…

Q: Will you ever have coverage of Gallery Hop?
A: The Short North is one of the most treasured and unique aspects of this city. While we may not cover Gallery Hop specifically (although this remains a possibility), we have covered and will continue to cover various components of the neighborhood, such as artists, clothing shops, or galleries themselves.

No comments: