Friday, April 24, 2009

Always Live

If one thought Gonzo’s return to Sugar Bar was triumphant, his return to Lodge Bar could only be labeled titanic… The crowd (which we will return to in a moment) was spectacular and Gonzo’s artistry was stellar… I know several mixers… I admire them… But, I am amazed by Gonzo… His talent is infinite…

And on this evening, the crowd appeared infinite as well… From my perch upon the stage, I viewed a besieged bar area and a drowned dance floor… The reservoir of people was incessant… The reservoir of bunnies was imperfect… However, the most important bunny, Crown Princess Kadi, was present, dancing and grinding, showcasing her eighteen carat smile and her thirty-six carat personality…

I could gush about Kadi for the rest of this column… However, the evening’s real superstar was Assistant General Manager Trevor Day… In four months, he has transformed Lodge Bar’s Thursday evening from sidelight to spectacle… Lodge Bar is now the unquestioned Thursday night champion…

No comments: