Saturday, April 25, 2009

Always Live

Upon my arrival at Park Street Patio, the entrance was crushed. Other venues were scarcely able to acquire an indoor crowd by 10:00. Park Street Patio had three dozen people outside waiting to matriculate indoors… Watching them wait were Co-Owners Chris Corso and Brian Swanson, who stood in the open air marveling at their success…

Standing inside Park Street Patio was Promotions Superstar Randy Haffey, who was also satisfied with the visual. We discussed the crowd for a moment (and only for a moment, as I truly had no comprehension of it’s size) and then our conversation redirected into the Park Street Festival, which will occur June 12-13. Activities will include a Bike Fest, the Kid’s Fair, and A Taste of the North Market. Candlebox, Dot Dot Dot, Downplay, Lovesick Radio, Saving Jane, the 17th Floor, and the Bourban Kings will perform.

When Haffey and I’s conversation concluded, I traversed toward the open air. From the backstairs of Park Street Patio, I witnessed an unimaginable scene. The venue was crushed. Every chair and table were occupied and three dozen conversations were occurring in the walkways (seemingly all in front of me)… It took me twenty minutes to walk from the stairs to the exit, where I encountered Corso again… Our thoughts were synchronized… Officially, it’s bunny season…

No comments: