Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sugar Bar Makes Their Critics

In every law student’s initial class, an imperative and unsophisticated lesson is learned. Do not make the opponent’s case for them…

Theoretically, the Undone Lingerie Fashion Show was this evening’s subject. When I arrived, Sugar Bar’s crowd appeared energized for the exhibition. The couch klatch, dance floor, and upper mezzanine were swarmed… DJ Samurai was sizzling… And the platinum bunnies were copious…

Whether they were wearing a rainbow top with white jeans, scattered blue with dark jeans, or a gold sequin dress, the panorama and another event (which we will discuss momentarily) reminded me of Sugar Bar’s allure… They reminded me of the initial evening I ventured into the venue exactly six months ago

This is the moment, within this column and history; that time travel occurs… From 1977-1980, Steve Rubell operated this nation’s premiere venue… Studio 54 was decadent, outlandish, and unpredictable… Celebrities craved access… Patrons craved entrance… Rubell provided surprise after spectacle for both…

Within this city, Chris Corso is Rubell. Sugar Bar is Studio 54. Yet, neither has ever attempted their potential. As I observed cash floating from the ceiling, I silently questioned why this was not an every evening occurrence. I silently questioned when this would reoccur. I silently questioned what the value was in the abhorrence I had witnessed moments earlier.

Remember I commenced this column theoretically… The Undone Lingerie Fashion Show was cancelled… The Giovanni Body Art Show occurred as scheduled… Seven naked attention whores, clad only in color, grinding and shaking as if they were platinum bunnies… Someone should remind them they are putrid excrement…

I know I said this concerning another subject, but it’s worth rephrasing… If you’re performing “body art,” you should wear a sign which reads stupid… You may as well pain pathetic trash across your chest… Because that is what you are… Pathetic trash… Your actions clearly crave attention, which makes you pathetic… Your actions indicate that you have zero respect for yourself, which makes you trash…

Whenever Corso is criticized, the opposition is viewpoint is universal… Corso’s venues promote trash… They recruit trash… They showcase trash… Tonight, Corso provided his critics with every “I told you so” they ever wanted…

No comments: