Sunday, April 5, 2009

You Have Questions... I Have Answers

Since Gossip Cbus began, I’ve been swamped with e-mail (thanks for the love)… While I’ve tried to give individual responses to several, I also know that some of the questions are questions others may have and thus, answering them publicly would be better… Therefore, from time to time, I will answer questions where everyone can see them…

Q: I found both of your columns on the New Kids on the Block extremely offensive… What gives you the right to judge women as you did?
A: This is only one of the crush of e-mails and negative comments this website has received following Friday night’s writing… I am, through this e-mail, responding to all of the e-mails received… Let me be very clear… I understand some people are insulted… I understand some people are upset… I understand some people may have taken what I said as judgment… If you did take it as judgment or I have offended anyone, good… This website is meant to be controversial and provocative and I will not apologize for that… Keep reading…

Q: I’ve noticed your coverage of crime is pretty extensive… It seems out of character with the rest of your coverage. Can you explain?
A: Crime may be out of character with bunnies and nightclubs, but we cover crime because the volume of it in this city has increased and it deserves more than a blip inside of the paper or a quick thirty seconds on the evening news… We’re paying very close attention to crime, because frankly, not enough other people are…

Q: This is the last week of the Blue Jackets season… What do you have planned?
A: With the franchise only three points away (through either their wins or other’s losses) from a playoff birth, we will have last week coverage. Specifically, the April 8 contest versus the Blackhawks and either one of both of the April 10 and 11 contests versus the Blues and Wild…

2 comments:

Walker Evans said...

The evening news is nothing BUT crime.

And aren't you just re-posting crime content from the local TV stations as is? I haven't seen any other insight that this blog gives it. How about some context?

I mean.. if one drug dealer shoots another drug dealer in a bad neighborhood, how does that affect the majority of the readers of this blog? Should they be scared to leave their homes?

Anonymous said...

I agree with walker!