Friday, January 2, 2009

Spice is Sour

Received this from a tipster… It doesn’t say much for Spice Bar….

No lines at Spice, but a $10 cover. I thought that this was a little absurd since it had been advertised for the last few days that it was free to get in. But we paid the cover cause it was getting close to midnight and wanted to be somewhere for the count down. The first four people in my party paid the $10 and as soon as we got through they turned to my sister and her friend and said $20. She talked him back down to ten figuring all of us had just got in for ten.

Inside the club the atmosphere was enjoyable. Enough room to stand and talk with people and have a conversation. But enough people that you could be social. The dance floor in the back was crowded but in an enjoyable way.

At 12:03 we looked down at our watches and realized that we had just missed the new years count down. No one counted. There was no announcement. Nothing. How could a place be advertised as a New Years party and not even countdown to New Years.

At this point we decided that it wasn’t worth our time anymore and left. Everyone went to the check out and ended up loosing each other. I walked out to the street to see if anyone was outside and then turned back around cause they wernt. Twenty bucks the guy said to me at the door. Really, I was JUST inside. He didn’t care and tried to charge me the twenty to get in.

For a regular Friday night this club would have been a lot of fun for me and my friends. But for a place to go on New Years, I will never return to Spice again...

No comments: