Sunday, January 18, 2009

You Have Questions... I Have Answers

Since Gossip Cbus began, I’ve been swamped with e-mail (thanks for the love)… While I’ve tried to give individual responses to several, I also know that some of the questions are questions others may have and thus, answering them publicly would be better… Therefore, from time to time, I will answer questions where everyone can see them…

Q: Does Gossip Cbus have a Facebook page?
A: Yes, we do and in the next few weeks will be launching some major initiatives with it… We simply haven’t had the opportunity to do a lot with it but I promise that will change soon… If you want to friend us now (prior to any announcements), simply search our e-mail address on facebook (It wouldn’t let us use Gossip Cbus for our name stupid facebook)…

Q: My friend forwarded me a link he received from an e-mail. Is there an update list I can join?
A: Your friend had likely e-mailed us and as a result received one of the very few (I think three total) mass e-mails we sent out… I don’t like mass e-mails and as a result, Gossip Cbus probably wont do one… With that said, we will have a place you can go for breaking news alerts and we will also be announcing that soon…

Q: I’ve noticed you promoted several events that you didn’t cover. Was that a result of this week’s snow?
A: Absolutely. With all due respect to the brave people who ventured out Wednesday, I was not about to… Weather is a constant variable and unfortunately, it sometimes wrecks out schedule (and several cars)…

Q: You said last week that you don’t consider other Columbus publications or websites your competitors? If this is the case, why should I read you and not them?
A: If you want to read the others and us, please do so… But, since you asked why you should read us, read us because we are better. Columbus Alive, U Weekly, the Other Paper, 614 Magazine, Metromix, and Columbus Underground… All of us have a role, but none of these outlets publishes anything on the volume of legitimate news we do… With Gossip Cbus, there’s always the possibility of finding out something you didn’t know…

No comments: